Absent, but present. Yes, that’s where I’ve been. It’s where I am.
- I signed up for a creative challenge which led to a second one. Both have now become groups of supporters and inspiration. Needless to say, while I could have focused on one project or form of creativity, I chose to stretch my boundaries.
- I joined a book club. This is not only an interesting group to discuss books and be led to literature I wouldn’t normally choose but is enlightening as a writer.
- I searched out a new writer’s group, and ended up joining it because I loved it! It is everything I’ve been looking for. These guys are not only supportive and inspiring (just like my creative groups) but interesting and fun.
- I started my long awaited creative dream-a stained glass class! It’s not as easy as it looks, but I am enjoying learning. I look forward to my first created project.
- I am writing, working on a project, offline not online. With a shift in my priorities, I don’t find myself online nearly as often.
- I’m still into photography. I haven’t had as many photo opportunities these days. And we all know even when I do, I dislike post processing.
- I’ve even thrown in a few sewing projects.
- I’ve been traveling at least every other weekend to spend time with family and friends.
- I’ve been creating in the kitchen…I even claim the occasional flop!
- How could I forget reading? I’ve read some really great books which include Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert.
The bottom line is I’ve been living creatively. That to me is fulfillment. Success of my creations is of less importance than the act of creating. I consider the fact I create on a daily basis to be success in itself.