An artist is an explorer. He has to begin by self-discovery and by observation of his own procedure. After that he must not feel under any constraint. ~Henri Matisse
New Year’s resolutions set me up for failure. I generally choose things I want to do but also know I won’t approach as a way of living. With this in mind, last year I chose to focus on something to incorporate into my daily life. I chose attentiveness. It has somewhat become a way of life now.
Every day is a gift of exploration and creativity though many times I go through the motions of the day without realizing the art of living. This year my focus will be on the art of creative exploration. I plan on creating something every day even if it is simply a meal or writing a jingle in my head. We each are creators of our worlds and contribute daily whether we acknowledge our involvement or not. My goal is to be aware of the creativity of my daily life.
An artist’s soul must be nurtured to produce. Nature feeds me, so I intend to spend as much time as possible hiking, canoeing, and taking photographs of the great outdoors.
I plan to get into living creatively which will drastically cut down on my internet time. I’ll be busy but less vocal out here…no set schedule…no pressure…
The Spin Cycle has suggested we make missions instead of resolutions and to come up with five doables. Here are mine:
- Take a one on one lesson for my new embroidery machine.
- Make the third and fourth art panels for my Arpatia series.
- Take an online art quilting class.
- Complete the first draft of my novel.
- Finalize organization for my two nonfiction books and make an effort to publish.
- Spin Cycle: 5 Missions for 2013
- Apologies for the number 6 and 7. It won’t let me delete the bullets. (Are they called bullets? I’m a techni-idiot!) Hope your 2013 is creative!