It’s never been a secret that Vegas is not my first choice of places to visit. While I’m sure it offers lots of fun for a visit, I doubt I’d really want to live there. Realize this is all written toungue in cheek, and we are indeed having a fabulous time in “Sin City”.
1. First of all, I do not have the “bod” needed to generate an income in Vegas, nor do I wish to participate in work that requires a “body type”! Even if I was skinny and stacked, I am too much of a prude to dress provocatively which leads to reason #2.
2. I am so not into tassels and sequins! Oh, I could forget those and do the nudity thing like at the bar pools in the hotels? NOT! Do you have any idea how long it takes for me to find a swimsuit to properly cover all of these body parts without looking hideous?! I looked these up for the fun of it…they charge double the entrance price for men as women. Hmmm, it’s it the extra baggage or is it a statement?!
3. I have no rhythm. So, I guess I can forget the dream (ha!) of being a showgirl! I don’t know if any of them sing, but scratch that from my talent list as well. Basically, I have no talent to make it in Vegas!
4. Besides that, I am not good at sharing personal property…mine, or what I perceive to be mine! At least not in that respect! I believe in intimate monogamous relationships. Nuff said on that subject!
5. Ok, then there is the gambling. Never been into it. I mean I used to play a mean hand of poker, black jack, and hand-held slots games. However, I don’t think this is considered high rolling. Everyone tells me that you’ve got to go to the casinos and check it out. I think I’ve been watching too much CSI.
6. Large city = too many people for my taste. Dang this place is big! I might just get lost! It’s not so much that a city is populated as they are all bunched into one place. I like a interaction with others, but I need a little solitude as well. I suppose I am just a small town girl at heart.
7. It’s a twenty-four hour city. Everything is open all the time. While that is convenient, I still like an established night time. I like to know when it’s time to go to bed and when it’s time to get up. Dang, I sure am boring!
8. Noise!!!! Where is the peace and quiet? Too much going on to allow reflection. I can’t hear myself think. Not that I have amazingly profound thoughts or anything, but I do like to check in on occasion!
9. Bright lights! Flashing lights! Neon lights! Strobe lights! All these lights do one thing for me…the beginning of a migraine. Lights and noise are the combination that keeps me out of concerts. I love music, but I almost always wind up with a migraine that lasts for days. Often it starts midway through the concert. Told you I am boring!
10. Anything goes…Where are the morals? I like ethics and guidelines. Things I consider unethical, immoral, or illegal seem to go on with ease. Now, this is just according to my television, newspaper, and internet knowledge of Vegas. It is possible I have been misinformed. And we also know that no matter how hard I try to not be judgmental, I still am to a degree.
Now, if I have a change of heart and turn into a dancing, singing, scantily-clad, gambling, nightlife lover, you all will be the first to know!