I accept the Perfect Poet nomination and nominate Nanno.
As I feel your breath
Seep into my skin,
I feel the depth of you
Settle into my bones
Where your thoughts end
And my thoughts begin
I do not know
For your soul and mine
Have clasped hands, melded
And beat from a solitary heart
I am grateful
I have not merely existed
With you, I have lived
This lovely award comes to me from the wise and fabulous brown paper bag girl.
I am supposed to tell you seven things about myself and tag fifteen bloggers. Sorry, I did not tag fifteen bloggers, but am offering a choice of which award you (anyone reading this) would like to have.
1. I am a licensed cosmetologist though I have not practiced the trade for many years.
2. I am a certified x-ray (dental) technician though I havn’t worked for a dentist for about twelve years.
3. I have very thin fingernails. If they actually ever get any length on them, they bend backwards. I’ve tried all sort of strengtheners to no avail. Dirt Man has really thick nails, and it ticks me off to no end!
4. My favorite Yankee candle scent is Citrus Sage.
5. I make fabulous spaghetti sauce, although it is never exactly the same because I NEVER measure anything.
6. I have hit a tennis ball with a racket, but I have never actually played a game of tennis.
7. I have a scar on my chest from a cigarette burn I received when I was probably about four years old. My father threw his cigarette out of the driver’s window and it flew back in the rear window. When it hit my chest, I pushed it against me because I was too young to understand the concept of letting it go to stop the pain. The car was moving so by the time they could remove my hands from my chest, the damage was done.
I was honored with this award from Slightly Ignorant. Geez, it’s a catchy name but I don’t like calling her that because she is brilliant. Both her fiction and poetry rock!
“Rules: Pass the award to seven bloggers who inspire you, make you laugh, make you think or a combination of all. Make sure you include a link to the person who gave you the award and that’s about it. Quite simple, fun and an easy way to brighten someone’s day.”
This comes from sweet Desiree.
I thank each of these three for these awards and bid them to take the other two. I award all three to Jingle for her continuing hard work that she puts into the rally each week. Anyone else reading this post, feel free to take one (your choise) of the three.