My wonderful friend, Nancy, has tagged me to tell you twenty-five things you never really wanted to know about me. If you haven’t read Nancy’s blog, f8hasit, you need to get your butt over there now because you are really missing out! Gee, is there anything I haven’t already told you?! I don’t think I have anything juicy or hair raising at the moment. If I think of something, I promise to blog it! Here is my attempt at telling you something you don’t already know about me:
1. I have not watched the news in months. I have depended on the internet or radio as my source of local and world news. Heck, since Grey’s Anatomy season finale, I haven’t even watched tv at all.
2. I can not for the life of me read and follow directions until I screw up said assembly and must resort to them!
3. I am loving our new grill. I use every opportunity to have someone else grill the meat, and I place myself in the air conditioned kitchen to toss salad. Lame aren’t I? For example tonight, I sent hubby out with the London broil and prepared veggies for the grill. I stayed in and made a caprese salad. By posting this, I am risking that my gig is done. I might end up being the one on grill duty now.
4. My herb garden is dying out except for the cilantro which flowered way too early and the flat leaf parsley and rosemary which are beyond gorgeous…almost makes up for the dead dill and the oregano and basil the dog dug up.
5. My flower beds are full of weeds. Sad thing is I don’t care. The blooms are lovely and the weeds add character! Did you buy that? Why don’t I weed it? I’m lazy, stooping hurts my back, and one bed has poison ivy. I really don’t want to be red, bumpy, itchy, and sore!
6. I bought three pairs of denim capris this summer, even though I didn’t need them. I thought I might need them. Ok, I just wanted them! I love them and wear them all the time.
7. My birthday is soon, and I thought I was going to be turning 48. I will only be turning 47! What is wrong with my mind trying to age myself a whole year?! My husband’s birthday is this week, and that is how I remembered how old I am!
8. I just had six to eight inches cut off of my hair. It feels so much better.
9. I love taking pictures even though I suck at photography.
10. I have not been to church in almost two years. Even though I feel guilty about not attending, I actually feel a deeper spirituality than ever. Go figure.
11. My friend, Karal, is moving back within the week. Yay! I’m excited.
12. I buy patterns and fabric I never use. I have good intentions. I’m going to try to get better. Not about making things, but about buying stuff I like but really won’t make. You don’t even want to know about my fabric stash!
13. That said, I still would love to update my fabulous machine that does 32 stitches to the newest model.
14. I think I sew faster than I drive!
15. I don’t have the heart to let go of any antique pieces of furniture that we’ve acquired through family, even though we’d have so much more “living” space if I did.
16. I have never made homemade wine. It runs in the blood and I should know how. I prefer to be the tester.
17. I wish I could get everything on my computer that I write in my head! By the time I get to the computer, I’ve forgotten what I was going to say. That is the words are no longer the ones originally chosen and don’t sound the same, so I discard the idea.
18. I really want to learn the art of stain glass. Yes, I know it will probably cut my hands up. But beauty is worth a bit of pain!
19. I somehow manage to take my colloidal silver and allergy pill almost every day, but almost never remember to take vitamins. Why’s that?
20. I am really sad that my godchildren are moving to another state, like nine hours away. I will miss seeing them and being able to hug them often. I think I will be having lots of phone conversations with them. Oh, I will miss their parents, too. There is just something about the little ones though that have stolen my heart!
21. I have not crocheted in over a year. My fingers are happy about it, but not my heart!
22. Lately, I have not been able to finish reading any books I’ve started. Poor choice of literature? Maybe it’s time to pull out one of my old faves like “To Kill A Mockingbird“ or “A Separate Peace”.
23. My kids think their dad and I are hoarders. We really aren’t. We are just sentimental. Trust me…I discard much more than I’d like.
24. Just found out last years canceled Vegas trip might be on this year. I am excited, but apprehensive. I hate flying! I don’t do gambling either, but still it should be fun!
25. I love chimes…wind chimes, church chimes…all is music to my ears. Except I must admit defeat. Hubby’s mom handed down her grandfather clock to him. He was smart enough to turn the chimes off at night. I insisted on keeping them on last night to see if we could sleep through them. They chime this beautiful melody every fifteen minutes, and every hour they chime and dong to the number of the hour. We did not sleep last night. Don’t know if I was too lazy to go downstairs to turn it off or too stubborn to admit defeat. The chimes will be turned off before bed tonight. But they sure sound glorious during the day!
I am tagging the following ten and hope you will play along. If I didn’t tag you and you want to play, join right in.
1. Carol. She is an incredibly interesting woman, nature lover, and an amazing gardener that can be found at Wanderings Of An Elusive Mind.
2. K is Carol’s daughter. She makes tree people. How cool is that? She can be found at Banterings Of A Basketcase.
3. Erica is a fabulous photographer and writer. You will find her at Pines Lake Redhead.
4. Jimmy over at Just My Opinion always has a great story and he knows just how to tell it.
5. I hope my friend, Linda will play. I can only imagine the things she will come up with! You can check her out at The Good, The Bad, The Worse.
6. I think Heather who hangs out at Welch Happenings can tell us a few things as well. I love her down to earth goodness.
7. Susie is a fabulous writer over at Life According To Dr. Susie Q. She truly writes from her heart.
8. Katherine has traveled the world, and she has some tales to tell. The greatest part of her stories is that she tells them from her soul. She is also a fantastic poet. She can be found at A New Day.
9. Gretchen has had some interesting things happen to her along her journey. I so hope she will give us some scoop! You can visit her at Second Blooming.
10. Angelia is so kind and generous. She is getting ready to get married. I know she is very busy, but she is probably in need of a distraction, so I hope she’ll give this a whirl. Check her out at Living, Loving, Laughing….