Katherine at A New Day tagged me. The challenge is to name ten things I love. The real challenge is to narrow it down to ten.
1. I love my first cup of French press in the morning. I love the aroma as it tingles my nose and starts the wake up process. And the taste…well, out of this world. Mostly, I love savoring each sip and watching the steam rise from the top of my mug and drift into oblivion, kind of like my morning thoughts.
2. I love waking up beside the man I love. Feeling his warmth and the security of knowing he’s there when I rise each day helps ground me at the start of each day.
3. I love opening my front door to the scent of gardenia wafting through the air. It always marks the beginning of June which in turn means sun and fun to me.
4. I love when my sons actually do chores like mowing the grass with no ulterior motives and asking for nothing in return. It truly must be a maturity thing…it’s quite new to us.
5. I love watching my crazy sweet dog chase her tail until she catches it and then white eye me with it in her mouth as if to ask what to do with it.
6.I love the way babies bellies shake when they giggle and their eyes light up. It is as if it is coming from their very core and nothing else in the world matters because at that exact moment all is right with the world.
7. I love dipping my toes in a cool mountain stream with the sun shining across my shoulders and a slight breezing lifting my hair…absolutely heavenly.
8. I love reading a great book and living someone else’s adventure without ever having to leave the comfort of my house. And being able to wear my p.j’s during the process makes it even sweeter.
9. I love when I am shopping for a specific item and find the exact style/model at the first store I go to. And then it’s on sale to boot, just fabulous!
10. I love my wine/whine sessions with my gal, Karal. No we don’t always actually whine but we do gab and enjoy our wine. And yay, she’ll be back soon so we can have our sessions in person.
**I am not going to tag anyone specifically but feel free to play along. It gave me a chance to reflect and lift my spirits a bit.