I was tagged by Gropious to tell you ten things about me that you don’t already know. I’m having a hard time coming up with these without stealing from my 101 Random Things About Me that I’ve written and not yet posted. It’s sitting in my drafts waiting for a day when I got nothing!
1. I am totally having a hard time with subscribing to blogs. If you see I’ve been to your site like a million times. I am not a stalker…I repeat I am not a stalker. I just want to see if you’ve posted, cuz I love reading what you write! I just can’t wait to get my email notification because it comes a freakin’ day late, and I don’t want to be behind on the times. Don’t get me started on the RSS feeds. And I keep coming back to some of you to link you on my blog post if I’m tagging you or putting you on my blog roll. In case, you don’t remember, I’m a bit inept at this, and Dirt Man is not always available to help me out!
2. I never, ever wear a watch anymore. I used to. I have tiny wrists, and I always have to have links taken out. I also have to find thin ones that don’t look too bulky. I had a bangle bracelet watch I loved, and it broke. That was four years ago, and I’m just to lazy to go on a search for the perfect watch.
3. I love researching genealogy. I have traced both sides of my family and my husband’s lines. When I start hanging out in cemeteries, I’ll know it’s time to quit.
4. I hate driving on the interstate. I take that back. I’m fine after I get on and unfortunately can go as fast as the rest of the fools. It’s the on and off ramps I hate. I am not an aggressive driver. I am one of those white knucklers you guys hate. Sorry!
5. I used to be able to shoot a tin can dead center. My Daddy made sure all four of his girls could shoot as well as his two boys. I haven’t target practiced in years. The last time, I was not very good and the gun kicked me. And even though I know that it’s people that kill not the guns themselves, since the hold up I’ve been nervous around them.
6. Peppermint is my favorite flavor. I bought a big container of those soft ones at B.J.’s., and made the mistake of letting the dog have one. Now, it doesn’t matter where I am when I try to open that little piece of plastic wrapper, that super hearing freak dog of mine knows I have one and will jump on top of me and try to steal it out of my mouth. So, I guess I can say it’s her favorite flavor, too.
7. I am known around my neck of the woods as the Biscotti Queen. I am always getting requests. Now, they’re going to have to learn how to make it themselves…I’m not making it while I’m eating healthier.
8. My great-grandfather had his arm amputated in a farm tractor accident, and then became an Avon salesman. I am not making this crap up!
9. Remember that song The Streak? It was popular when I was in Elementary school. Anyway, these three girls decided (and wanted me to join) they were going to streak on the road behind our school. We snuck out of the class window, and I chickened out. When I wouldn’t streak, they ganged up on me and pulled my little halter top off of me. The cafeteria ladies saw us and we got sent to the principals office for being off the property. We told him we were making a rock collection for our teacher so no one got in trouble. Then we had to really go collect rocks!
10. I have read the novel “A Separate Peace” at least six times. What can I say? It’s my favorite novel right before “To Kill A Mockingbird”.
Looks like Gropious tagged some of the same bloggers I would have tagged, but here are two more. If I ddn’t tag you and you want to play along, come on and join the game! I look forward to hearing what Heather and Paul come up with on their list of ten things we don’t know about them. Also looking forward reading those lists from the other blogs Gropoius tagged.