With all of my “nondieting” going on, I have been in dire need of some sweets. I have been about ready to kill for a little sugaaaahhhh.
Well, it’s time to admit that I have a little stash. I’ve been holding out on you. I was saving it for a special day. It’s time to break it out. Today is my 100th post, so what could be a sweeter day?
I received this twice. Yes, a double dose of sugar on the very same day. Spot from What Passes For Sane On A Crazy Day awarded me with this first. If you don’t know Spot, head on over and tell her I sent you. She is one sassy and funny woman who knows how to tell it like it is. She knows how to add some spice to life. And then , I received it from Angelia at Living, Loving, Laughing… Go on over and introduce yourself. Angelia’s blog is a buffet. I never know whether I’m going to laugh or cry until I get there. But both blogs fill my heart, warm my soul, and make me feel great.
These are the award rules:
1. List 10 things that make you happy.
2. Try to do at least one thing on the list today.
3. List 10 bloggers who brighten your day.
4. Those of you to whom I give this award are to link back to my blog and perpetuate the happy with your own lists and recipients and whatnot.
Since I got this award twice. I guess I’ll have to come up with double lists. I’m sure I can come up with a list of twenty things that make me happy. I will try to come up with twenty bloggers to pass this on to.
To let you know #’s 1 and 3 are scratched off for today, but it’s early yet and expect to experience #’s 2,5,9,12,14, and 16 before the end of the day. Oh, happy days!
1. Waking up beside Dirt Man. (Don’t you just love waking up next to the person you love, even if they snore…I’m the snorer!)
2. Bear hugs from my goddaughter. (Nothing sweeter than baby love)
3. Cup of French press in the morning, especially if Dirt Man makes it. (I gotta wake up somehow!)
4. Sunshine with a cool breeze in my face at the same time (Ah, the best of both worlds)
5. Talking to my sister, Peg, on the phone, almost every day. (She’s funny and she makes my day)
6.Seeing how excited Wylie (dog) gets when she gets a new stuffed toy (I am such a sucker for dogs)
7. When my grown sons tell me they love me (not very often anymore, and tell me a mom who doesn’t like to hear it)
8. VACATION (‘Nuff said there!)
9. Reading your blogs (You’re with me there, right?)
10. An old worn pair of pajamas I love…I smile every time I put them on! (I’m talking comfort!)
11.Rainbows (Maybe someday I’ll find that pot of gold)
12. Baby giggles (Sweet pure innocense and love)
13. Anyone else’s cooking (It’s always tastes better if someone else does the work!)
14. Listening to water, whether it’s a roaring river, babbling brook, or even rain on the rooftop…my exception is a leaky faucet.
15. When someone else rolls the garbage and recycle bins to the curb and back after they’ve been emptied. (I’m lazy)
16. The smell of fresh laundered clothes (I like the smell of clean)
17. When someone likes something I’ve made for them (Just a good feeling in the heart)
18. When I get a snail mail card (Admit it, you do, too!)
19.When Dirt Man goes to the grocery store with me. (I call it an appreciation tour!)
20. When my boys clean the house with no ulterior motives. (And it does happen on very rare occasions!)
All of the blogs I read brighten my day. Jane is my first stop every morning. Everybody needs a little Jane to start off their day. She really makes think and want to be a better person, and sometimes she makes me snort my coffee. The rest are fairly new blogs to me, but I’m really enjoying reading each of them every day. Some of these blogs are laugh-out-loud-funny, some are introspective, some are food blogs, and some are photograpghy. Now, go check them out.
1. theycallmejane’s blog – After you meet Jane, you are gonna feel like you’ve just met your new bestfriend!
2. Airing my dirty laundry
3. The locals love it
4. Ramblings of a Wild for Words Woman
7. The Raisin Chronicles
8. Jan’s Sushi Bar
9. Expat from Hell
10. Journaling through photos
11. My kashi diet
12. pearl-why you little
15. My life incomplete
16. an acorn dreaming
18. Biggest Diabetic Loser
19. Chocolate Covered Daydreams
20. What I Should Have Said
Remember you guys only have to do TEN of each!